1. Eat Regularly – While you may think that skipping breakfast or lunch will help you consume fewer calories, the opposite is true. If you skip out on breakfast or lunch, you’re likely to get cravings and binge later in the day. This is because not east regularly slows your metabolism and causes your blood sugar to drop. Some studies have even said that eating 5-6 smaller meals a day (3 small meals and 2-3 snacks) can be better for your because it raises your metabolism.
2. Exercise – Even if you’re not a gym diva, you should try to have 20-30 minutes of physical activities 3-4 times a week. This could be something as simple as taking a walk or going for a swim. You could even try riding your bike to work, getting a workout DVD from the library or Netflix, or meeting up with a friend to go jogging. What’s important is that you get your body moving.
3. Brush… and Floss – If you’re an average girl, you probably brush less than you’re supposed to and rarely floss – except right before your dentist appointment! Brushing and flossing your teeth once or twice every day can keep your teeth healthy and clean. It will keep you from developing gum disease and other problems later in life, and the dentist won’t scold you at your next appointment!
4. Drink More Water – Water keeps us hydrated, flushes toxins from our system, and keep our metabolisms regulated. Drinking water instead of sugary drinks like soda and juice is also an easy way to cut calories from your diet, since water has 0 calories and no mysterious chemical additives.
5. Get Enough Sleep – It’s fine to stay out late every once in a while, but if you consistently deprive your body of the sleep it needs you’ll wear yourself out. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same times each day. It also helps to relax yourself before bed – don’t watch the TV, go on the computer, or exercise, as these will stimulate your brain and keep you from getting restful sleep.
6. Wash Your Face – Going to bed with makeup on your face is one of the worst things you can do for your skin. One way to make washing your face easier is to buy moist wipes especially designed for make- up removal. You should also wash your face after working out if you don’t shower immediately afterwards.
7. Take a Multivitamin – It’s hard to get all the vitamins and minerals we need, even with a healthy balanced diet. Taking a multivitamin each day can help you ensure that your body gets all the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. It’s best to take them with food at the same time each day.
8. Poop Once a Day – This isn’t a topic most of us enjoy talking about, but doing this once a day is a sign that you’re eating a healthy diet. Make sure you’re eating fiber-rich foods so that you avoid colon and digestive problems later in life.
9. Check Your Breasts – Checking your breasts on a regular basis for anything unusual can possibly save you from getting breast cancer. Inspect your breasts once a month for anything out of the ordinary.
10. Relax – Most of us have stressful lives these days. Unfortunately, stress and anxiety can lead to a number of health conditions if we just ignore them and keep going. Find a way to take at least 10 minutes each day to relax. This could be through exercise, meditating, reading, taking a nap, or doing a hobby that you love. Whatever you do, find a way to ease yourself of daily stress so that you can enjoy life!
This article was written by Erin McKinney, who is a licensed nurse practitioner. Erin also owns the site Masters of Nursing for students interested in getting an advanced degree in the nursing field.
Brought to you by :
Average Girls : http://www.averagegal.com/